Operates video cameras and related equipment in the production and editing of short video productions such as client video introductions and interviews.
EXPERIENCE: 2+ Years
LOCATION: Sacramento, California
PAY: $100/project or $22/hr
REPORTS TO: Client Services Director
Duties and Responsibilities
Operates video cameras, on location or in the studio, for the production of short-form video content.
- Transports, sets up, and operates production equipment, including audio and lighting equipment, for field and studio productions.
- Edits video segments in a variety of digital formats.
- Assists in repair and upkeep of studio and production sets and properties.
- Maintains equipment inventory and field and studio production schedules.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High school diploma or GED; at least 1 year of experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- Must furnish us a portfolio of your work.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Should be comfortable
- Ability to operate, maintain, troubleshoot, and perform repairs to audio and video equipment.
- Ability to effectively manage time and schedules.
- Records maintenance skills.
- Ability to configure, operate and maintain studio and/or field audio, lighting and associated production equipment.
- Knowledge of computerized tape editing applications and procedures.
- Knowledge of professional audio and/or video tape editing and post-production procedures, techniques, and standards.
Conditions of Employment
- Possession of a valid California driver's license and reliable transportation is a requirement for this job.
- Contractor will be required to perform video recordings on location and on days and times mutually-agreed upon with client.
- Job will require candidate to give reasonable notice of non-availability in advance of any trips out of town.
Working Conditions and Physical Effort
- Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds or standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
- Work environment involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals.
- Work may involve moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
Revised Date: 03/20/2017